Not all giveaways are built the same. If you want a strategy at winning online sweepstakes, it’s important to distinguish the difference between blog giveaways and sweepstakes. These two types of giveaways typically consist of completely different types of prizes and usually have vastly different odds at winning. Let’s break down the differences below:
What is a blog giveaway?
- Blog giveaways are usually run by mommy blogs, small websites, and small clubs.
- There tends to be fewer entries – typically in the range of 100 – 500 people entering. This means there’s a much better chance at winner – especially if you enter a good amount of them.
- They usually give away smaller prizes such as: $25 – 100 gift cards, toys, books, new products on the market, etc. A lot of times, companies will give the blog a product to promote in the form of a giveaway. The incentive for the blog is that the company will give one free product for the blog, and one for them to giveaway. The blog will then write a review on the product and laugh the giveaway. It’s a win-win for both parties involved.
What are sweepstakes?
- Sweepstakes tend to be large prizes. You know how you see that PCH $10,000,000 sweepstakes in almost every ad you see? That’s a sweepstakes.
- There’s usually a LOT of entries which means it’s very hard to win. Think of the lottery (but obviously not that hard).
- They are usually run by large companies with massive marketing budgets i.e. Coke, Pepsi, HGTV, etc.
Are blog giveaways or sweepstakes better?
I don’t believe any one is better than the other. If you’re interested in being a serious sweeper, then you need to diversify. Blog giveaways offer a more realistic chance at winner while sweepstakes are nice to mix in. After, you never know! Just don’t get too hung up on waiting for a win from a large sweepstake. If you enter blog giveaway you’ll have a better chance at winning.
Enter both blog giveaways and sweepstakes at SweepGrab.com.